Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Showers!



I have some wonderful family, friends, and co-workers!  My family had me a baby shower on Saturday and there was a great show of people.  I got my bedding, a pack-n-play, and all sorts of clothes and etc.   I had a baby shower at work yesterday and they all got me the stroller/car seat combo I had registered for!  (plus a lot of clothes and some extras!)  I am SO very thankful and the amount of stress these showers have taken off me is PRICELESS.   And to add to that I still have my shower this Saturday with all of my close friends that Nina is holding for me at her home, which is where I lived up until Jonathan and I moved together.  I am really excited to get to see all of my nearest and dearest during this time when I am NERVOUS and EXCITED and probably the HAPPIEST I have been in a long time.  It's just perfect :)

Ok, so here is my rant.  I have had on my mind a bit lately.  I know things like this shouldn't bother me but there are some people (just a few) that I was really there for them and yes maybe we have grown apart in the last year but seriously I have been living in Clarksville some of the time and pregnant the rest so I can't get out too much ya know?   Well there are these people who aren't coming to my shower.  It DOES hurt my feelings.  It also pisses me off. And I am quite sure I will hold a grudge against them forever. LOL   I guess I might be taking it a little too seriously but I feel like I have been to every one of my friends baby showers and birthdays and yada yada yada and if they can't show up to mine I am done with them.  I don't need their money or gifts but I'd like their time and a moment to at least RSVP and recognize that hey this is my FIRST baby.  And I am not the type to have a shower every time I have a baby. This is IT.  And if you can't be there for me.. then I'm a little upset about it.   OK, done venting.  =D 

No comments: