Thursday, August 25, 2011

34 weeks and Chris returns from Afghanistan!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my 34 week check-up.   At this point all she does is measure my belly, listen to the heart beat, ask me how i'm feeling and if I have any questions.   I asked her what position he was in and she couldn't really tell yet but she said it wouldn't matter until week 36 (my next appointment!).   They move around a lot up until then.  

While Jonathan was in boot camp (just over a year ago) he made life long friends with a guy named Chris Cawley.  They got stationed at Ft. Campbell together and then Chris got deployed.  Jonathan did not (thank God) due to his foot surgery.   Well, yesterday marked the day Chris got to come HOME!  We had him a cake ready and I made some homemade hamburgers and fries and cookies.  Nina came over and we all 4 had dinner and cake.  It was great. :)   I can't imagine what it must be like to be out of civilization as we know it for almost an entire year.  I CAN imagine what it's like to not be able to drink for year then coming back and being able to because that IS basically what is going on for me in pregnancy lol.   I guess the begining of October/ end of September will be like my coming home from Afghanistan..  the trials and tribulations of pregnancy for 9 months vs. the army life in Afghanistan for 9 months... I'm not quite sure how they pair up but I bet they are similar... lol.   I do think Chris had it worse because he couldn't be with his girlfriend/now wife for that long and that has to suck really bad.  At least I have had my partner with me the entire way.  I don't know what I would do without Jonathan.  Probably less dishes.


No comments: